WHEN WILL YOU PERFORM DURING OUR WEDDING?
Here’s a breakdown of our performance schedule for your wedding ceremony:
- Pre-ceremony: As guests arrive (at least 15 minutes before the ceremony begins)
- Processional: Bridal party entrance (1 or 2 songs)
- Signing of the Register: (1 or 2 songs)
- Recessional: Bridal party exit (1 song)
- Post-ceremony: As guests exit, during photos, canapes, and drinks (depending on booking duration)
We recommend hiring our string quartet to start at least 15 minutes before the ceremony commences. We’ll arrive 20 minutes early to set up and start performing as guests arrive. During the pre-ceremony, we’ll perform an engaging mix of classical and modern pop songs to create a welcoming atmosphere.
At the celebrant’s cue, we’ll transition from pre-ceremony music to the processional song, signalling the bridal party’s entrance. Most couples prefer a single song for the entire processional, ensuring a smooth and uninterrupted entrance.
As the register is signed, we’ll perform two selected songs, providing a pleasant musical backdrop for this 5 to 10-minute portion of the ceremony.
After the couple is announced as newlyweds, we’ll perform the recessional song to accompany their jubilant exit from the ceremony.
Depending on the duration of your booking, we’ll continue performing during the post-ceremony activities, including photo sessions and canapes, ensuring a delightful ambiance throughout the event.
MOST POPULAR WEDDING SONGS
IS A REHEARSAL NECESSARY FOR THE BRIDAL PARTY'S ENTRANCE TO YOUR MUSIC?
No, there’s no need for the bridal party to rehearse their entrance to our music. We’ll ensure a stress-free experience by timing the music to suit the bridal party’s pace. If needed, we’ll seamlessly loop the processional song and fade it out when the bride arrives at her destination, providing ample time for her walk down the aisle.
CAN YOU PERFORM TWO ENTRY SONGS?
Absolutely. We can perform a separate entry song for the flower girls and bridesmaids, followed by a brief pause before commencing the bride’s processional song. Kindly allow for a 20-second interlude as we transition and prepare our music.
CAN YOU PERFORM THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CEREMONY?
Absolutely! If you’d like us to perform soft background music during speeches, vows, and celebrant’s speech, just let us know. We don’t charge extra for playing during other times of your ceremony.
HOW LONG SHOULD WE BOOK YOU FOR?
We recommend booking our string quartet for 60-90 minutes, and if there’s a chance of a delay or extension, please extend your booking by 15 minutes to avoid any inconvenience.
HOW LONG SHOULD WE BOOK YOU FOR A CATHOLIC MASS?
For a Catholic Mass, we recommend booking us for a minimum of 90 minutes. This will help accommodate potential delays or extended speeches. Our string quartet is also available to perform during other moments of the mass, such as Communion. Simply inform us of your preferences, and we’ll be happy to accommodate.
WHAT ARE YOUR REQUIREMENTS?
- Upon our arrival, we require one armless chair per musician to be set up.
- For outdoor events, adequate protection from direct sunlight, rain and wind must be provided.
- Performances on or near sand are not possible due to the risk of instrument damage.
- The performance area required is 2.5m x 2.5m for a string quartet, 2m x 2m for a trio, 1.5m x 1.5m for a duo and 1.5m x 1m for a solo musician.
- For bookings over 1.5 hours, we require a 10-minute break each hour.
- For bookings over 3 hours, we request one meal per musician and a 20-minute meal break.
- If booking a pianist, the venue must provide a tuned piano.
- If your event is scheduled within 30 days, it may not be possible to fulfill special song requests that require us to source or arrange new sheet music.
WHAT ARE YOUR PAYMENT TERMS?
- To secure your booking, a non-refundable deposit of $300 is required.
- The remaining balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to the wedding date.
- In case of cancellation, payments are non-refundable, but a full credit can be issued if notice is given at least 30 days in advance. The credit will be valid for two years from the cancellation date. If there are government-imposed restrictions that prevent your event from proceeding, and it is beyond your control, we will provide a full credit if you inform us a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
- Overtime is subject to the musicians’ availability, and fees will be calculated at $50 per 10 minutes per musician. To avoid overtime, please extend your booking time in advance.
Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition
ABC Young Performer of the Year Award
Australian Chamber Music Competition
Asia Pacific Chamber Music Competition
Australian Concerto Competition
Australian National Piano Award
Fine Music Australia Young Performer Award
Gisborne International Music Competition, NZ
Dorcus McClean Travelling Scholarship
Geelong Advertiser Music Competition
Dandenong Festival of Music & Arts Gold Medallion
4MBS Musica Viva Sid Page Memorial Prize
Melbourne Abroad Travelling Scholarship
Austral Salon Instrumental Competition
Mietta Song Recital Award - Best Pianist
Centenary Medal for Service to the Arts
Margaret Sutherland Bursary Award
Australia Council for the Arts Award
Australian Music Foundation Award
Atheneum Chamber Music Award
Hephzibah Menuhin Competition
Melbourne Research Scholarship
Ian Potter Cultural Trust Grant
Gwenn Prockter Cello Award
Tait Memorial Trust Award
Sid Curry Memorial Award
Donald Hazelwood Award
Musica Viva Grand Prize
Geoffrey Parsons Award
PPCA Foundation Award
J Albert and Son Prize
Macklin Bursary Award
Eric Read Cello Award
Tallis Bursary Award